Planning some holiday teambuilding with Millennials? If you’re scrambling for ideas, Magnovo has a helpful tip. The quickest way to a Millennial’s heart may be through their pet.
Pet parenting with passion
They may not be ready for marriage with children, but they’re passionate pet-parents! A recent report revealed that Millennials own 35 percent of the dogs, cats, goldfish, parrots, and canaries in American homes. More than 70 percent of them own a dog; 50 percent are cat lovers.
And with the pet industry topping $69 billion, these retailers are happy to see Millennials coming because they spend billions on their pets. For example, in 2016 they forked over mega bucks just for pet perks like clothes, travel items, toys, and treats!
In fact, they’re the largest group of homebuyers in the country today. And their incentive: more room for their fur-babies!
Pet parenting by the numbers
Approximately 68 percent or 85 million families are pet owners. That number would probably be even bigger except for one thing. Like children, pets are expensive! And that can be a deal breaker for many of the other 32 percent. Millions of American families long for a pet but can’t afford one.
The average annual cost for dog owners is approximately 1,200 dollars; for cats, it’s just over a thousand. For some families that’s a pretty big bite out of the household budget.
Pet parenting in the new millennium
Once upon a time, all you needed were bowls for food and water, and maybe a leash and a doghouse. Not anymore! Today there’s the collar, name tag, cushy bed, cozy blanket, and chew toys.
A visit to the vet may involve flea and tick meds and vaccines for distemper measles, rabies, and hepatitis. And the cost of spaying–don’t forget that!
Litter boxes and scoops won’t cut it with today’s cat. They’ll expect a tunnel, feather toys, a fluffy mouse, and a scratching post. And at the vet, they’ll need shots for feline leukemia and herpes.
While every pet is worth it, not ever family can cough up the cash for so many items and expenses.
Kitty-loving Millennials can undoubtedly relate. So, there’s no doubt they’d leap at the chance to help. That’s where Magnovo’s Happy Tails Charity Teambuilding Workshop can come to the rescue.
Teambuilding with Millennials is “the cat’s meow”
Okay, I know what you’re thinking: no Millennial has ever heard such an expression. And that makes sense since the cartoonist who coined the phrase “the cat’s meow” died nearly 100 years ago.
But believe me: the Millennials on your staff will jump at the chance to help a kitten or dog find a forever home with a loving and responsible family.
During our Happy Tails Charity Teambuilding Workshop participants engage in a series of high energy exercises and activities during which they “win” items to donate. Each one becomes part of a cute pet care package. Adorable!
Each step in the workshop is customized to train employees in better communications skills, collaborative techniques, and leadership styles. We also identify and work with specific personality types. And the customization is based entirely on the goals the employer wants to achieve.
Happy tails care packages
Teambuilding with Millennials is always about becoming a better employee and a better corporate neighbor. Our Happy Tails Charity Teambuilding Workshop is the best holiday teambuilding event to get these young workers fully engaged!